GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 8A (ANC 8A)
Anacostia/ Fairlawn/Hillsdale www.ANC8ADC.org
Scheduled Commission Votes:
1. Voting of 2020 Officers (see Administrative Matters
2. Vote to establish ANC Security Fund for 2020 (8A)- Motion to set-up Security
fund for FY 2020 via $25 check to OANC moved by Cm. Jones, 2
Motion passed 4-0-0.
3. ANC 8A FY2020 Q1 Report (8A)- Motion to approve FY2020 Q1 report moved by
Cm. Jones, 2
Cm. Agyei: Motion passed 4-0-0.
4. Renaming Good Hope Road SE to Marion Barry Avenue, SE (8A02, 8A03, 8A05,
8A06) (Tabled to Feb)
5. Vote to support curb cuts at 2501-09 West St SE and 2514 West St SE. The Curb
cuts would support off street parking. This is a H2B development project, 4 single
family (workforce) townhomes was initially supported by the ANC in December
2018. (8A07)- Motion for a letter of support moved by Cm. Prestwood, 2
Jones: Motion passed 4-0-0
6. Vote to support BZA Case number 20078, Sig LLC, (8A06)- Motion for a letter of
support moved by Cm. Jones, 2
Cm. Thompson: Motion passed 4-0-0.
7. Playable Art Project: Public Art at Anacostia Library (8A02) (Tabled to Feb)
8. (Added at Cm Jones request) Request for Resolution to remove Bustop at the
1300 Block of Morris RD SE (Tabled to Feb to allow for more research on usage at
Commissioners “Call to Action” and Announcements: Commissioners provided status of
Comp Plan deadlines and request for feedback from the community.
Public Announcements: Cm Thompson provide status of Eagle Academy at its new plan to
sell the newly constructed property.
▪ Next Meeting: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 7:00pm
8A01: Holly Muhammad | 8A02: Barbara Clark | 8A03: Brian Thompson|8A04: Troy Donté Prestwood-Chair
8A05: Dorcas Agyei- Vice Chair | 8A06: Ty’on Jones –Treasurer |8A07: Hanna Baker- Secretary